Today was technically a day off, but I had to go up to Fort William to collect some things for work. So Idecided to make a trip of it; I took Verity and Leanne and we had a wander and went to McDonalds (yes, yes, I know, it's awful...but their fries and milkshakes are so good!). Nipped into W H Smiths and found a number of books I want (jotted down the names so I can download them on my Kindle). I also picked up a couple of new cook books. One was a one-pot meal recipe book. I'm a big fan of on-pot meals, less washing up! The other was 150 cupcakes and muffins. There is a recipe for salted caramel cupcakes. Need I say more?! I'm looking forward to trying it. Was going to do so today, but was short on time so just stuck toan old faithful recipe and made these beauties:

These are a basic rich chocolate sponge, with a Maleaser flavoured icing (make a standard butter cream, and add 2 sachets of Horlicks and around 4tbsp good cocoa powder) wih a Malteaser perched on top. I have quite a few Malteasers left over...I will have to find a way to get rid...hmmm, I'm sure I can think of something ;)
I hope you all have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend...I will be working :(
No comments:
Post a Comment