Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Bolognese bake

 Proper teatimes are awesome. Teatime for me, is when you sit down with people you love, eat (hopefully) good food and (usually) have some decent conversation. This has been instilled into be since before I can remember. Meal times are happy times.

Tonight, it was just me and Anthony for tea. I made a bolognese bake. It was delicious. Meaty, tomato-y and covered with cheese.
I was lacking in inspiration for tonight's meal, so I went back to an old favourite. Bolognese was the first proper thing I learnt to cook. And it is a time perfected recipe (well, almost...it tastes different every time I make it, but the basics are the same).

Now in the past, I've had to trick people into eating vegetables, so adding loads of veg to my bolognese has become habit...but these days I don't have to hide it! So I usually roughly chop carrots, celery and peppers and add them to my sauce. And I normally cook enough pasta to feed an army...but with Anthony around, it doesn't go quite that far!

Well, I think it's time to take a post-teatime walk, and make room for dessert; merengues, strawberries and Mackies ice cream (ie, the BEST ice cream in the world!)

So, here's what I had for tea tonight:



Enjoy your evening you lovely people, thanks for making it this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment