Monday, 20 July 2015

Death by Chocolate Cupcakes

My dad hates the word cupcakes. He says they're not cupcakes, they're buns. But I like 'cupcake', it sounds cute, dainty. However, mine are not dainty. They are big and chocolatey and beautiful.
I've got a cottage pie in the oven. We had mince and tatties for tea yesterday and I had left-overs. So I layered them and added some cheese for tonight's tea.
And since I've bad a day off and a few hours to myself, I made 'death by chocolare cupcakes'


Recipe (makes 20)
9oz self raising flour
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
6oz caster sugar
2 tablespoons black treacle
7 fl oz milk
7 fl oz sunflower oil
3 large eggs

Preheat oven to 160°c/gas mark 3
Throw everything in a bowl and mix it all together.
Divide between cupcake cases.
Bake for around 20mins.
Cool on wire rack.
To decorate, cover with a standard chocolate buttercream icing then dip in grated chocolate (I mixed white and milk chcolate, but the choice is yours!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment